Too time-poor to keep up with Australian news? We’ve got you covered!
Option 1: See the top 10 news items of 2022 curated just for global Australians!
Option 2: Check out these non-paywalled, news compilations that give a quick snapshot of Aussie news.
Option 3: Catch up on all the key changes in the policy and business landscape in Australia. Last updated on 25 April 2023, we’ve compiled below the big news stories of interest to Aussies overseas!
- What’s behind the recent surge in Australia’s net migration – and will it last?
- Australia migration system “not fit for purpose”, say universities
- Health matters: Medical conditions that could halt your plans for Australian migration
- Albanese government makes Australian citizenship easier for New Zealanders to obtain
- A new High Court ruling could see hundreds of visa decisions in Australia revisited
- Australia 2023 – Energy Policy Review
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
- Education policy across contexts: Complexifying global, national and local scalar relations
- It’s messy and slow and drowned in noise, but a change in Australia’s climate policy is under way
- Strategic Divergence with Indonesia: an Australian Perspective
- Labor’s electric vehicle policy drives Australia forward – but not far
- Australia Private Health Insurance Market Size, Share, Industry, Forecast to 2029
- An analysis of health and welfare in Australia
- Strengthening Medicare with $220m in GP Grants
- $50 million boost for long COVID research as parliamentary inquiry hands down report
- Out‐of‐pocket fees for health care in Australia: implications for equity
- Challenges for Medicare and universal health care in Australia since 2000
- Long COVID: The health and economic impacts in Australia
- Australia likely no longer key migration destination
- Streamlining skilled migration
- Is now a good time to move to Australia?
- Immigration update: Australian states open skilled visa nomination programs for 2021-2022
- Australia – Skilled Migration Rules Updated
- Australia announces visa changes and tougher rules for business migrants
- Australia now has a work + family policy blueprint and big business is on board
- Need to find a cofounder?
- The hidden jobs shift during COVID-19
- Changes to casual employment: A guide for Australian employers
- Best Career Choices: 51 Skills in Shortage and Forecast for Future Demand
- How Australia’s job market has changed over COVID
- Young people can stay under their parents’ health insurance until the age of 31 from this year as more are expected to stay in education and live at home longer
- Enrolling in Medicare
- Millenial’s guide to private health insurance in Australia
- Doctors to unveil plan to improve Australia’s healthcare system
- How does Australia’s health system rate internationally? This year it wins bronze
- Health insights for a year with COVID-19 in Australia
- Money traps to avoid when moving back to Australia
- Superannuation increase to be taken out of wages
- Top four superannuation mistakes Australians are making according to finance expert
- Changes to employee superannuation fund choice rules
- Your super may not be reaching your account. Here’s how to find out if you’ve been underpaid
- Superannuation: Must-read tips and tools to help you plan your retirement
- How much it costs to raise a child in Australia
- Sydney Childcare Costs: Who’s paying the most and least
- Child care subsidy & family tax benefits: How to navigate at tax time
- Childcare Investing for Stable Income Returns
- Top scholarships offered to international students in Australia
- Most expensive city to send your child to school
- Did you know Queensland’s senior schooling system has changed?
- Huge increase in demand for postgraduate courses as Australians look to upskill
- Australia’s universities dominate global impact rankings
- The Australian universities with the most employable graduates
- Australian universities are outpacing their global counterparts
- Australian expats warned of tax bills on return post-pandemic
- Expat tax shake-up stokes fears of ‘harsh outcomes’
- Australian Tax Office says it can’t rely on crypto users’ own records
- How to claim investments and EFTs on Australian tax returns
- A guide to all the grants available to your small business organised by industry
- First space techs awarded ‘Moon to Mars’ grants
- Australia launches grant program to widen Indo-Pacific partnership with India
- The Australian Cultural Fund is a fundraising platform for Australian artists
- Women’s grants program now open for applications