Too time-poor to keep up with Australian news? We’ve got you covered!
Option 1: See the top 10 news items of 2022 curated just for global Australians!
Option 2: Check out these non-paywalled, news compilations that give a quick snapshot of Aussie news.
Option 3: Catch up on all the key changes in the policy and business landscape in Australia. Last updated on 22 November 2022, we’ve compiled below the big news stories of interest to Aussies overseas!
- 5 Australian real estate trends to watch out for in 2023
- Unemployment falls, tipped to rise next year as economy slows, migration boosts labour supply
- Australia changes processing priorities for skilled visas
- Population movement in Australia
- Australia behind in global talent race: KPMG
- Skill stream under Labor’s Migration Program hits historical high
- What Labor’s 2022 federal budget means for migration
- Census reveals migrants tend to be more highly educated. So why do they find it harder to land jobs?
- Australia needs more skilled migrants. Here are the visa opportunities in each state
- 2022 Jobs and Skills Summit – What does this mean for Australian immigration?
- Australia raises permanent migration cap to 195,000 to ease workforce shortages
- Eight Opportunities to Increase the Potential of Humanitarian Migration to Australia
- Australia’s significant investor visa set to be scrapped under migration changes
- Australian visa changes for 2022-23 and what a new government may bring
- Here’s how major visa and immigration changes will impact skilled migrants, international students from 1 July
- What is Australia’s Migration Program and how does it apply to me?
- Australia CEOs Warn on Skilled-Worker Shortage Ahead of Election
- A look at the changing face of Australia, a migration nation
- The Office of Immigration Australia Searching For Skilled Professionals to Migrate to Australia
- New visa options for Hong Kong and British National (Overseas) passport holders
- Border closures have big impact on hiring
- Australians found to overwhelmingly support path to permanent residency for migrants on temporary visas
- Skilled migrants need their degrees to be readily recognised: Go8
- Australian visa changes 2022: The opportunities for migrants this year
- Australia’s refugee policy problems laid bare by UN committee
- How Open Banking is evolving: Australia & UK comparison
- Using Evidence to Design Australia’s Economic Policy
- Treasury backs intervention in Australian energy market to ‘quickly’ reduce prices
- Albanese Government backs advanced manufacturing in Adelaide with boost to Factory of the Future
- Australian parliament passes first climate change legislation in a decade
- Minutes of the Monetary Policy Meeting of the Reserve Bank Board
- Moving money across international borders
- Australia’s New Government and Its Participation in Asia
- Labor’s foreign policy is for an outward-looking Australia
- Labor aims to legislate spending caps and truth in advertising
- What are the differences between the major parties’ homebuying policies this election?
- Australia hikes interest rates in potential election shakeup
- Australia’s hardline deportation policy leaves no room for second chances
- All the changes coming into effect from January 1
- Australia is importing UK policy on ‘gender affirmation’
- Secure Jobs, Better Pay Bill Is Now Law
- Factors influencing the supply of labour in 2023
- Jobless rate falls, defying predictions of a rise in unemployment
- Jobs lure workers from cities to regions
- Jobs and Skills Australia begins its work
- Outcomes of the Jobs and Skills Summit
- Australia’s 10 Most In-Demand Jobs, Spilled
- Australia needs 250,000 new digital jobs by 2025
- Engineering job vacancies up 176 per cent, while skilled migrants feel overlooked by employers
- Recent jobs data shows Australia’s fastest growing salaries
- The program helping skilled refugees get jobs in Australia
- Tech firms cut thousands of jobs, as interest rates and recession risks climb
- Job Mobility in Australia during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Jobs and Skills Summit to be Held in September
- Why Australian businesses are crying out for tech talent
- Eco-focused talent is in high demand
- Tech jobs come with more flexibility and lower wage gaps, Tech Council of Australia research suggests
- These Are the 15 Most In-Demand Jobs in Australia Right Now
- Australia has $1 billion plan to convert ideas into jobs
- Australian job ads plummet because of Omicron threat
- In brief: digital healthcare in Australia
- Australia’s life expectancy has risen to third-highest in the world
- Record funding for dementia, ageing and aged care research
- List of Health Insurance Companies in Australia
- $14 million for health research partnerships
- New residential aged care quality indicators
- Australia offers scholarships for mental health nursing and allied health courses
- Three new Covid Omicron subvariants detected in Australia
- Australians will require three Covid vaccine doses to be considered fully vaccinated
- Australia offers better outcomes for newborn cardio-respiratory health
- $44 million to expand Australia’s future health and medical research capability
- Pfizer booster TGA approved for 16–17 year olds in Australia
- $276 million to support Australia’s brightest health scientists
- Can I transfer money from overseas into my superannuation account?
- Am I entitled to superannuation if I’m not an Australian citizen?
- How to choose a good superannuation fund
- Underperforming super funds have been revealed, so what does it mean for you?
- How Much Super Do You Need To Retire?
- The four big changes coming to superannuation on July 1
- Turbulent markets crush super fund balances
- Sort your super – how the super fund comparison tool can help
- Climate action: how does your super fund stack up?
- Changes to your superannuation in 2022: what to expect
- Free childcare for thousands of Australian parents – here’s how to find out if your family is eligible
- Australia needs 16,000 new educators to fill shortfall in childcare sector, inquiry told
- More than 1,000 Australian childcare centres to strike for better pay and conditions
- Australia: Demonstrating leadership in the space of online child safety
- Major childcare and early learning reforms offer hope for a brighter future
- Living with universal childcare has shown me Australia’s system is neither a luxury nor a right – it’s a last resort
- Unpacking where major parties stand on early childhood education and care
- Childcare: does Labor or the Coalition offer the best deal for families?
- Hidden childcare cost hurting families
- New close contact definitions for school and childcare settings
- Major changes to child care support revealed
- Australia: Universities Appeal to Govt to Offer Internships to 100,000 International Students
- 5 cheapest Australian universities for international students
- A review into how university research works in Australia has just begun – it must confront these 3 issues
- Dynamic pathway programs to succeed in Australia’s world-class universities
- 10 PhD scholarships in Australia for 2022
- Legal way to save up to $15,000 in tax when buying a new home
- Australia taxes workers and business more than other countries: OECD
- Looming tax challenges for the EV sector in Australia’s Parliaments and Courts
- The tax implications of expanding overseas
- What does the future hold for taxation in Australia?
- Do Australians pay too much income tax? 6 charts on how we rank against the rest of the world
- Returning to Australia – a tax nerd’s view
- Tax implications of moving to Australia
- What’s going on with Australia’s “sun tax”?
- Australian workers set to see billions in tax cuts
- Australia likely no longer key migration destination
- Streamlining skilled migration
- Is now a good time to move to Australia?
- Immigration update: Australian states open skilled visa nomination programs for 2021-2022
- Australia – Skilled Migration Rules Updated
- Australia announces visa changes and tougher rules for business migrants
- Australia now has a work + family policy blueprint and big business is on board
- Need to find a cofounder?
- The hidden jobs shift during COVID-19
- Changes to casual employment: A guide for Australian employers
- Best Career Choices: 51 Skills in Shortage and Forecast for Future Demand
- How Australia’s job market has changed over COVID
- Young people can stay under their parents’ health insurance until the age of 31 from this year as more are expected to stay in education and live at home longer
- Enrolling in Medicare
- Millenial’s guide to private health insurance in Australia
- Doctors to unveil plan to improve Australia’s healthcare system
- How does Australia’s health system rate internationally? This year it wins bronze
- Health insights for a year with COVID-19 in Australia
- Money traps to avoid when moving back to Australia
- Superannuation increase to be taken out of wages
- Top four superannuation mistakes Australians are making according to finance expert
- Changes to employee superannuation fund choice rules
- Your super may not be reaching your account. Here’s how to find out if you’ve been underpaid
- Superannuation: Must-read tips and tools to help you plan your retirement
- How much it costs to raise a child in Australia
- Sydney Childcare Costs: Who’s paying the most and least
- Child care subsidy & family tax benefits: How to navigate at tax time
- Childcare Investing for Stable Income Returns
- Top scholarships offered to international students in Australia
- Most expensive city to send your child to school
- Did you know Queensland’s senior schooling system has changed?
- Huge increase in demand for postgraduate courses as Australians look to upskill
- Australia’s universities dominate global impact rankings
- The Australian universities with the most employable graduates
- Australian universities are outpacing their global counterparts
- Australian expats warned of tax bills on return post-pandemic
- Expat tax shake-up stokes fears of ‘harsh outcomes’
- Australian Tax Office says it can’t rely on crypto users’ own records
- How to claim investments and EFTs on Australian tax returns
- A guide to all the grants available to your small business organised by industry
- First space techs awarded ‘Moon to Mars’ grants
- Australia launches grant program to widen Indo-Pacific partnership with India
- The Australian Cultural Fund is a fundraising platform for Australian artists
- Women’s grants program now open for applications