Advance.org is the trusted platform that connects global Australians with one another and with Australia. We do this to unlock the economic and cultural opportunities through collaboration, investment and innovation. We recognise and celebrate the achievements of global Australians who are at the forefront of their field to inspire the next generation.
Advance.org was established from the ashes of the September 2001 attacks by Ken Allen AM, who was at the time Australia’s Consul General in New York, prior to returning to Sydney in 2006. The Advance Patron is the Prime Minister of Australia, who in 2006 was the Hon. John Howard OM AC. He famously observed:
“Our greatest exports are not of course iron ore important though that is, or tourism important though that is, wheat, coal and all the other things that we export….our greatest exports are our people. There are a million of you dotted around the world, saving lives, inventing things, being at the forefront of information technology”
“The concept of Advance is really quite superb. What it does is to challenge in the most emphatic way, that rather silly notion that in some way Australia is diminished by some of the brightest and the best of our country going overseas and making an enormous contribution to the societies and the economies of other parts of the world.”
We are the trusted platform that connects global Australians with one another and with Australia by:
- Conducting and sharing Interviews showcasing the work of global Australians
- Making personal introductions by members of the board, Asia Advisory Committee, and the Advance Ambassadors to connect global Australians
- Establishing Advance.org global chapters led by our volunteer Ambassadors who host gatherings in country (UK, US, Japan, UAE and China)
- Hosting roundtables to share insights and ideas – virtually and in person
- Curating and publishing a global events calendar to help global Australians connect in person or online
- Curating and publishing a monthly news update – Born Global – that is shared across the Advance.org membership and more widely via the website and through social media.
We unlock the economic and cultural opportunities through collaboration, investment and innovation by:
- Featuring the work of Australian performing artists such as Georgia Neaverson, Gondwana Voices at the Advance Awards and Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu during our digital roundtables
- Collaborating with a wide range of partners and supporters including the Chambers of Commerce to progress collaboration and investment (Support of the Australia-Israel Chamber’s Global Innovation Summit, Amcham AU, EABC and ABCC and the work of the American Australian Association)
- Hosting Town Hall discussions to showcase the opportunities available to Australian entrepreneurs
- Hosting briefings to encourage investment (Main Sequence Ventures Briefing)
- Profiling Australian innovation globally
- Sharing the insights of global Australian leaders
- Helping Australian companies and those organisations in which global Australians are working, secure the best global talent by promoting job opportunities available to global Australians in Australia and around the world
We recognise and celebrate the achievements of global Australians who are at the forefront of their field to inspire the next generation by:
- Curating the Advance Awards each year and hosting the Advance Awards Celebration (digitally in 2020)
- Profiling the achievements of the Advance Award Finalists and the Winners (our Game Changers) via the website, social media (Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook)
- Profiling the work of global Australians making an impact across social media.