Too time-poor to keep up with Australian news? We’ve got you covered!
Option 1: See the top 10 news items of 2022 curated just for global Australians!
Option 2: Check out these non-paywalled, news compilations that give a quick snapshot of Aussie news.
Option 3: Catch up on all the key changes in the policy and business landscape in Australia. Last updated on 28 August 2023, we’ve compiled below the big news stories of interest to Aussies overseas!
- Australian Student Visa Reforms Open Way for Migration
- One student’s journey through Australia’s migration system
- 11 Changes to Australian migration from 1 July 2023
- Global Migration Boom Keeps Housing Costs High
- Australia requires 500,000 homes in four years just for migrants
- Immigration Update May 2023
- Townsville is the most popular destination for internal migration
- Albanese announces migration deal with India
- What’s behind the recent surge in Australia’s net migration – and will it last?
- Australia migration system “not fit for purpose”, say universities
- Health matters: Medical conditions that could halt your plans for Australian migration
- Albanese government makes Australian citizenship easier for New Zealanders to obtain
- A new High Court ruling could see hundreds of visa decisions in Australia revisited
- Australia’s new International Development Policy and Development Finance Review
- Big tech urges government to go slow on AI rules
- What Australia’s ‘Indo-Pacific’ aid policy tells the Pacific about its priorities
- Safe and responsible AI in Australia
- The future of Australian immigration policy
- KPMG and Deloitte refuse to join PwC in banning political donations in Australia
- Australia to overhaul immigration policy, joining race for talent
- Responsible AI in Australia: have your say
- Australia to launch policy evaluation centre to ‘build a better feedback loop in government’
- Australia 2023 – Energy Policy Review
- Statement by Philip Lowe, Governor: Monetary Policy Decision
- Education policy across contexts: Complexifying global, national and local scalar relations
- It’s messy and slow and drowned in noise, but a change in Australia’s climate policy is under way
- Strategic Divergence with Indonesia: an Australian Perspective
- Labor’s electric vehicle policy drives Australia forward – but not far
- Almost 10% of Australian jobs to be automated by 2027: ServiceNow
- Artificial intelligence reshaping the jobs market in Australia’s biggest cities
- Payroll jobs rise 0.3% to mid-June
- New microcredential courses to support in-demand jobs
- Australia on track for 1.2 million tech jobs by 2030
- Highest Paying Jobs in Australia
- Unemployment rate holds steady as Australian employers add 72,000 full-time jobs
- The late resignation? One third of Australian workers are considering quitting their jobs
- Jobs & Skills Australia Legislation Requires Amendment
- What’s going on with private health insurance in Australia?
- Australia is registering 5000 new healthcare workers a month. So why is there still a staffing crisis?
- AI will transform healthcare: Australia should seize the moment
- Changing Australia’s approach to managing COVID-19 pandemic may help reduce burden on health system
- Consultation on Australia’s first National Health and Climate Strategy now open
- Your Aged Care Update
- Australia Private Health Insurance Market Size, Share, Industry, Forecast to 2029
- An analysis of health and welfare in Australia
- Strengthening Medicare with $220m in GP Grants
- $50 million boost for long COVID research as parliamentary inquiry hands down report
- Out‐of‐pocket fees for health care in Australia: implications for equity
- Challenges for Medicare and universal health care in Australia since 2000
- Long COVID: The health and economic impacts in Australia
- What Age Can You Access Super?
- Hundreds of thousands could be paying tax on super unnecessarily
- The Australian dollar is falling, should I switch my super?
- What superannuation changes take effect from 1 July 2023?
- How did Australia’s largest super funds perform in FY22–23?
- How To Change Super Funds
- How much super do I need to retire?
- How to manage retirement with a low super balance
- Three super takeaways from the 2023 Budget
- Super news for May
- Super tax concessions: A simple explainer
- ‘A no-brainer’: paying attention early can supercharge your super
- Australia: Super funds shift to fixed income
- Who’s really winning from tax perks in Australia
- South Australia set to receive ‘major expansion’ of out-of-hours school care
- Julia Gillard-led royal commission recommends universal preschool access
- Childcare subsidies are increasing — Here’s what you need to know
- Childcare fees in Australia outpace inflation with rises of up to 32%, report finds
- Rising fees and staff shortages: the crisis in Australia’s childcare system
- Childcare will be cheaper in Australia from July. Could it ever be free?
- Childcare workers’ union to seek 25% pay rise after Labor budget snub
- Declining number of Australian children attending preschool sparks calls for universal free childcare
- OECD education report delivers harsh wake-up call for Australia
- New child safety program launches on Coast
- Australia Invests $15M in Future Language Education
- Auslan syllabus to become available to NSW schools for first time
- ChatGPT ban in Australia’s public schools likely to be overturned
- Private school funding increased twice as much as public schools’ in decade after Gonski, data shows
- Understanding the Australian school sectors
- What Australia’s Independent school sector looks like in 2023
- NSW Government begins mobile phone ban in public high schools
- Want to study in Australian university? Here is what you must know
- Three Australian universities place in top 20 of QS World University Rankings
- Australia’s happiest students are not at sandstone universities
- British medical schools relocating to Australia
- Australian universities to offer ‘microcredentials’ in key areas to address skills crisis
- The university degrees that earn the biggest pay rises
- All but one of the state’s universities are losing money as student numbers shrink
- Australian universities split on using new tool to detect AI plagiarism
- Responding to The Australian Universities Accord challenge
- Australian university reforms to incentivise Stem degrees over arts have ‘dismally failed’, peak bodies say
- Training Australia’s world class quantum technology graduates
- Tax on the frontline as calls grow for bolder reform
- Do You Pay Tax On Inheritance In Australia?
- Australia’s upcoming global minimum tax is intended to stop offshore tax evasion.
- How Much Tax Do I Pay In Australia?
- Why is my tax return refund so low this year? What can I claim? And why you shouldn’t rush to lodge your tax return
- Treasurer keen to progress global tax deal at G20
- ‘Criminal offence’: ATO’s tax return warning for 2 million Aussies
- About 5 million Aussies claim work from home expenses but this tax time there are new rules
- ATO focus areas for tax time 2023
- Guide To Tax Deductions In Australia
- Take-home pay to be slashed as 10 million Australians hit with tax hike
- Stage 3 tax cuts to benefit rural Australia the least, analysis shows
- Why Australia lags behind the rest of the world in taxing oil and energy giants
- Australia likely no longer key migration destination
- Streamlining skilled migration
- Is now a good time to move to Australia?
- Immigration update: Australian states open skilled visa nomination programs for 2021-2022
- Australia – Skilled Migration Rules Updated
- Australia announces visa changes and tougher rules for business migrants
- Australia now has a work + family policy blueprint and big business is on board
- Need to find a cofounder?
- The hidden jobs shift during COVID-19
- Changes to casual employment: A guide for Australian employers
- Best Career Choices: 51 Skills in Shortage and Forecast for Future Demand
- How Australia’s job market has changed over COVID
- Young people can stay under their parents’ health insurance until the age of 31 from this year as more are expected to stay in education and live at home longer
- Enrolling in Medicare
- Millenial’s guide to private health insurance in Australia
- Doctors to unveil plan to improve Australia’s healthcare system
- How does Australia’s health system rate internationally? This year it wins bronze
- Health insights for a year with COVID-19 in Australia
- Money traps to avoid when moving back to Australia
- Superannuation increase to be taken out of wages
- Top four superannuation mistakes Australians are making according to finance expert
- Changes to employee superannuation fund choice rules
- Your super may not be reaching your account. Here’s how to find out if you’ve been underpaid
- Superannuation: Must-read tips and tools to help you plan your retirement
- How much it costs to raise a child in Australia
- Sydney Childcare Costs: Who’s paying the most and least
- Child care subsidy & family tax benefits: How to navigate at tax time
- Childcare Investing for Stable Income Returns
- Top scholarships offered to international students in Australia
- Most expensive city to send your child to school
- Did you know Queensland’s senior schooling system has changed?
- Huge increase in demand for postgraduate courses as Australians look to upskill
- Australia’s universities dominate global impact rankings
- The Australian universities with the most employable graduates
- Australian universities are outpacing their global counterparts
- Australian expats warned of tax bills on return post-pandemic
- Expat tax shake-up stokes fears of ‘harsh outcomes’
- Australian Tax Office says it can’t rely on crypto users’ own records
- How to claim investments and EFTs on Australian tax returns
- A guide to all the grants available to your small business organised by industry
- First space techs awarded ‘Moon to Mars’ grants
- Australia launches grant program to widen Indo-Pacific partnership with India
- The Australian Cultural Fund is a fundraising platform for Australian artists
- Women’s grants program now open for applications