State Library Victoria
Established in 1854, State Library Victoria is Australia's busiest library and the main Library of the State of Victoria. Apart from housing Victoria’s State Collection, the Library is an essential cultural centre, providing research for students and scholars as well as a wide range of events, exhibitions and educational programs. As a central player in the growing knowledge economy, the Library must stay true to its historical mission as Victoria’s principal free public library, as it continues to aspire to be the most interesting, vibrant and bold cultural institution in Victoria.
The Board of State Library Victoria is seeking to appoint an outstanding and visionary leader. The new Chief Executive Officer will possess great people leadership skills, have the capability to increase the Library’s relevance and impact in Victoria’s educational and cultural landscape, and be excited by creating new possibilities and future opportunities.
Candidates who can demonstrate a bold, creative, innovative and compelling leadership style with superior communication abilities, will be considered. Although a background in library or information management is not a pre-requisite, high-level experience in senior leadership roles within the cultural sector will be important.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess a range of skills and attributes including:
- a dynamic advocacy style with an energising presence;
- outstanding CEO-level strategic skills;
- confidence in the digital information world;
- a passion and strong empathy for the role libraries play within the community and a desire to continue to develop State Library Victoria as the most interesting, vibrant and bold cultural institution in Victoria;
- strong business and financial management skills; and
- drive to form high-level partnerships with other cultural organisations and with the corporate sector.
The position is based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and is offered for an initial period of three years.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to the assisting consultants, Egon Zehnder by email: [email protected]
Interested candidates are invited to submit a covering letter and a detailed resume via the above email address on or before 4pm AEDT on 25 October 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.