- This event has passed.
Jobs and Skills Summit
September 1 - September 2
The Jobs and Skills Summit will bring together Australians, including unions, employers, civil society and governments, to address our shared economic challenges.
When: 1-2 September 2022
Where: Parliament House, Canberra
What: The Summit and subsequent Employment White Paper will focus on:
- keeping unemployment low, boosting productivity and incomes
- delivering secure, well-paid jobs and strong, sustainable wages growth
- expanding employment opportunities for all Australians including the most disadvantaged
- addressing skills shortages and getting our skills mix right over the long term
- improving migration settings to support higher productivity and wages
- maximising jobs and opportunities from renewable energy, tackling climate change, the digital economy, the care economy and a Future Made in Australia
- and ensuring women have equal opportunities and equal pay.
Led by the Prime Minister and Treasurer, and supported by other key ministers, the Summit will recommend immediate actions and opportunities for medium and long-term reform.
Although Summit attendance will be limited and invitation only, Treasury will invite submissions and engage the wider community over the next 12 months.
The Summit program and an issues paper will be published before the event.
Submissions to the White Paper will open later in 2022.