Doug Ferguson is the NSW Chairman of KPMG and the Partner in Charge, Asia and International Markets. He leads KPMG’s 275 NSW Partners, 5 offices and 3500 employees. Raised in regional North Queensland and educated in Sydney, Doug spent over a decade in Asia, first based in Beijing and Hong Kong with KPMG leading acquisition and due diligence engagements across China for global clients.
He was then the Asian CFO and CIO for an Australia-China joint venture mezzanine capital fund (with CITIC Capital) making significant investments in China. He re-joined KPMG China and was made partner in 2008. For three years, Doug led the liquidation of Lehmann Brothers’ principal real estate investment assets throughout Asia. Since returning to Australia in 2012, Doug has led KPMG’s Asian client business in Australia which includes managing five-country practice divisions including Japan, China, India, ASEAN and Korea.
Doug is a Mandarin Chinese speaker and Chartered Accountant – a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Chartered Accountants and a member of the HK Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is a Graduate and member of the AICD, a graduate of INSEAD School of Management, Singapore, and UTS
- Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Business at the University of Sydney
- Chairman of the Asia Society, Australia,
- Business Champion for the New Colombo Plan
- Member of the Council of Australia China Leadership Group,
- Member of the BCA-Asia Society Asia Taskforce
- Advisory Board Member of the University of Sydney China Studies Centre
- Director of SHORE School Foundation
Doug Ferguson Non Executive Director | Watch