- This event has passed.
US – China Relations and Australia’s China Odyssey
October 6, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm AEDT
AustCham Hong Kong invites you to join an in-depth conversation with one of Australia’s leading experts on American political and foreign relations, James Curran, Professor of Modern History at the University of Sydney. In addition to his role at the University, James is a serial author, most recently publishing “Australia’s China Odyssey – From Euphoria to Fear. He also writes a fortnightly column on foreign affairs for the Australian Financial Review.
In this exclusive event with AustCham, James will share his views on the US-China relationship and implications for Australia, including:
- US-China relations under Biden
- the potential impact if the Republicans win back the White House in 2024
- the aftermath of the Pelosi visit to Taiwan
- Australian policy options on Taiwan
- the Albanese government’s approach to the China relationship.
- James Curran is the author of recently released book: Australia’s China Odyssey – From Euphoria to Fear. The book has received wide acclaim for its analysis of the Australia-China relationship through the lens of Australian political leaders and historical highs and lows. In the words of former Beijing Bureau Chief for the New York Times, Jane Perlez, “Curran raises the titillating question of today: Where will this lead Australia?”.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear directly from James on some of the most important foreign relations questions of our time.